If you’re unable to find an answer to your question or you would like further information please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 1789 867526
Applying for BHRS Membership
1. How do I become a BHRS member?
Please click here to complete the membership application form. Your application will then be considered at the next BHRS Council meeting, and you will receive an email notifying you of the outcome with instructions to set up a standing order to verify your membership.
2. Who is eligible for BHRS membership?
Membership is open to consultants, nurses, physiologists and other allied professionals involved in providing arrhythmia care.
3. How long does it take to become a member?
Your application will normally be considered within 1-2 weeks, and you will then receive an email notifying you of the outcome with instructions to set up a standing order to verify your membership.
4. Am I eligible for discounts on meetings and courses?
Yes. Once your membership has been approved you will be eligible for discounts on certain meetings and courses, this includes Heart Rhythm Congress which takes place annually during September/October in Birmingham, UK.
5. Does BHRS offer reduced fee rates for certain groups?
Yes. BHRS membership fee rates are split into two categories: Level 1 and Level 2. Level 1 covers consultants, physiologists and industry, whereas Level 2 includes nurses and trainees. Level 1 annual subscription is £60 compared to £40 for Level 2.
Annual Subscription Fees
6. What is the annual cost for BHRS subscription?
Level 1 - Consultants/Physiologists/Industry: £60.00
Level 2 - Nurses and Trainees: £40.00
7. When will I be asked to renew?
Upon applying for your membership, you will be required to set up a standing order which instructs your bank to debit your subscription fee on a set date each year. Unless you have been in contact with BHRS and your bank to cancel your subscription, your membership will automatically been renewed annually.
8. How do I cancel my membership?
If you wish to cancel your membership, this must be put in writing to email@example.com. BHRS will then mark your record as cancelled and your contact details will be removed off our distribution lists (your membership number will no longer be valid). Please note: it is your responsibility to cancel the standing order with your bank, BHRS are unable to do this on your behalf.
9. How can I pay my subscription?
All subscription fees are paid via standing order. Cheques or bank transfers are only accepted if your subscription is late or incomplete.
10. Does BHRS have a refund policy?
BHRS will only issue refunds under circumstances where an overpayment of subscription fees has occurred and evidence can be provided by the member.
BHRS Member Benefits
11. What are the benefits of BHRS membership?
- Reduced registration rates for Heart Rhythm Congress and other meetings
- Eligibility to apply for BHRS certification
- Newsletter and other communications from the society’s office (e.g. call for abstracts, notice of courses, conferences, events and other relevant meetings)